Chicago Based, Family Owned Importer Earns 2015 Wine Star Award
(CHICAGO, Ill.; January 26, 2016) – Last night, Chicago based importer Winesellers, Ltd. accepted the 2015 Wine Star Award for “Importer of the Year” in New York City at the Wine Enthusiast Magazine“Wine Star Awards” black-tie gala which took place at The New York Public Library. Each year since 2000, the editors of Wine Enthusiast honor the individuals and companies that have made outstanding achievements in the wine and beverage industry with the magazine’s annual award ceremony.
Winesellers, Ltd., founded in 1978 by Yale Sager, is now overseen day-to-day by his two sons, Adam Sager and Jordan Sager. All three were in attendance to accept the award. The company imports and sells wines to all 50 U.S. states with a diverse portfolio of producers and brands from Argentina, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, New Zealand and other countries worldwide that can be found in premier retailers and restaurants throughout the U.S.
Winesellers, Ltd. imports renowned producers such as Besserat de Bellefon Champagne, Portugal’sQuinta de la Rosa and Argentina’s Familia Zuccardi (also named a nominee for New World Winery of the Year in 2015 by Wine Enthusiast). The importer is also reputed for sourcing and developing its own highly regarded brands like Tortoise Creek from California’s Lodi and Central Coast regions; Sea Pearl from Marlborough, New Zealand; Tiamo, organic wines crafted from a collection of small organic certified growers throughout Italy; and La Fiera and Gran Passione, regional Italian wines showcasing the country’s rich diversity from the northern border all the way to Sicily.
“We are so honored to have received this accolade and will strive to live up to the excellence of the award. I am proud to be building Winesellers, Ltd. with my brother Jordan and my father, who founded our company 38 years ago,” said Vice President Adam Sager. “The Wine Star Award is a testament to my fathers tireless work over the years and his commitment to our employees, suppliers and wholesalers – many of whom have been with us since the beginning. We are committed to working with family producers and aim to bring consumers the best wine values through market driven activities that build lasting relationships,” he added.
ABOUT WINESELLERS, LTD.
Founded in 1978 by Yale Sager, Winesellers, Ltd. is a second generation, family-owned and globally recognized importer and marketer of fine wines to the U.S. market. The company’s portfolio represents the finest quality of wines in their respective price category and has widespread distribution in all 50 U.S. states.
Winesellers, Ltd. portfolio includes:
- Argentina: Santa Julia, Zuccardi (Mendoza)
- Australia: Hope Estate Family Vineyards (Hunter Valley/Western Australia)
- Austria: Pratsch (Niederosterreich)
- California: Tortoise Creek (Lodi/Clarksburg/Central Coast), Santa Barbara Winery, Lafond Winery & Vineyards (Santa Rita Hills), Vinum Cellars (Central Coast, Napa/Clarksburg)
- Chile: Hacienda Araucano (Colchagua)
- France: Besserat de Bellefon (Champagne), Charles Armand, EXEM Bordeaux, Mont Gravet, Le Charmel, Avive
- Germany: Heinz Eifel, Dr. H. Thanisch-Muller Burggraef, Dr. Pauly-Bergweiler, Bollig Lehnert, Dr. Heyden, Fitz Ritter, Eifel-Pfeiffer
- Italy: Tiamo Organic, Bellafina Sparkling, La Fiera, Gran Passione, Prodigo
- New Zealand: Sea Pearl, Fault Line, Fire Road (Marlborough), Murdoch James (Martinborough)
- Portugal: Quinta de la Rosa (Duoro)
- Spain: Mas Fi Cava (Penedes), Resso (D.O. Catalunya), Pazo Torrado (D.O. Rias Baixas), Clos de Nit (D.O. Montsant) Dominois de Castilla (D.O. Rueda, Toro & Ribera del Duero), Navardia (D.O.C Rioja)
- Artisan Ciders: Manoir de Grandouet, Domaine de la Minotiere, Cidrerie Dausfrene (Normandy), Le Brun de Bretagne (Brittany), Bodegas Mayador (Asturias)